Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
I have partnered with many different businesses working with management and employees. In order for a business to achieve their organisational goals, and employees to feel supported we work closely with management to achieve optimum results in productivity, retention, and maintain good morale and a harmonious work place for their employees.
To enable easy and convenient service access, I have flexible appointment delivery either face-to-face, telephone, and telehealth. This is especially helpful with people who do shift work, FIFO etc. My face-to-face location is in Duncraig. All sessions are a full 60 minutes. The EAP provides short-term counselling with the number of sessions allocated being dependent on the organisation. Attendance at these sessions is voluntary, and confidential, only exceptions to this being where the counsellor has a Duty of Care to take action to prevent serious risk of harm to a client or another person.
A Holistic, Humanistic Approach Supporting Staff & Employers
My approach is to evaluate and respond to the ‘whole’ person using very practical, client-focused, holistic, mindfulness and humanistic approaches. I work on a ‘results – solutions’ focused practice. Because of my experience working with relationships and families, my approach helps employees, and their families deal with issues and situations which could otherwise have a negative impact on both their home life, and overall work performance. Using a preventative approach with individuals to address their issues can reduce unnecessary risks which flows onto employers/management for improved productivity and performance.
Some of the areas covered under EAP include mental health issues, absenteeism, job satisfaction, conflict with peers/management, drug and alcohol problems, gambling, relationship issues, critical incident and trauma, parenting, anxiety, suicidal ideation, depression, and many other emotional and psychological difficulties.
- Teaching practical skills for conflict resolution;
- Coaching more effective ways to deliver your communication;
- Identify healthier choices to greatly reduce avoidable stress;
- Having a more gratifying workplace;
- Improving workplace harmony with home/family life balance;
- Understanding how to use positive negotiation skills, and identify option building opportunities;
- Developing crucial mediation skills;
- Workplace mediation.
EAP counselling service will give you peace of mind knowing that your workplace will be a much happier, healthier, and productive workplace. The payoffs for you will be:
- More longevity and staff retention;
- Intellectual property from loyal and committed long-term staff;
- More profits gained from a stable and reliable workforce;
- More productivity resulting for daily staff presence;
- More time and energy resulting from increased conflict resolution skills;
- A healthier, more focused, and alert workplace due to job satisfaction;
- Loyalty and commitment resulting from a more fulfilling job role.
You can self-refer to this service. There may be times when managers or supervisors may suggest an employee get help for an issue that is impacting on their work performance or safety. If there are any issues occurring in the home environment which could be greatly affecting you or a family member, then some of the issues we can work with are:
- Domestic violence
- Abuse (emotional, psychological, physical or sexual)
- Relationship breakdown, separation, divorce
- Grief and loss
- Parenting with children and teenagers
- Substance abuse (drugs/alcohol)
- Gambling addiction
- Anxiety and depression
- Financial / legal referrals
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Coping with change
The types of companies I have assisted include but not limited to:
- Oil and Gas
- Local Councils
We have assisted employees who are in Perth Based operations and FIFO situations.