A COLOUR YOUR LIFE SALAD
Here at Metro Counselling we believe a healthy body leads to a healthy mind. It is all about that perfect balance and any substantial growth of self begins with taking care of yourself as a whole. Counsellors Ray and Carolyn believe in a healthy lifestyle and the recipes we will share on our blog are their originals that have been trialled and tested in their home kitchen.
We hope you enjoy,
Layered Rainbow Coleslaw
- ¼ large red cabbage, finely shredded
- ¼ large green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small green capsicum, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Good handful of coriander, chopped (or parsley or other fresh herbs)
Dressing: (prepare according to your taste)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar, Red Wine Vinegar or fresh Lemon Juice (whatever you prefer) to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Pink Himalayan Salt, to taste
- Drizzle a small amount of Sesame Seed oil, to taste (optional)
Place in a glass jar, and shake!
Divide shredded red and green cabbage in separate bowls. Combine grated carrots, red onion, red and green capsicums, spring onions, and chopped coriander (or other fresh herbs) in another bowl. Divide the dressing between the three bowls of ingredients, and mix each bowl thoroughly.
Begin by placing half of the amount of green cabbage, then red cabbage, then grated carrot mixture. Continue by repeating these layers. You can sprinkle a little more Himalayan salt and cracked pepper on top. Again, just adjust according to your taste.
We hope you like it!
We share new posts every Tuesday, see you next week.